Peter Hamilton is returning to Cape Town to visit his daughter who is studying at UCT. He offered to share his Takeaways on trends in the documentary and unscripted television sector, including his analysis of the VOD Boom and its meaning for factual producers. Save the Date: 4 May 2016, 15h30 - 17h30.
* Peter Hamilton is a senior marketing & business development consultant to the unscripted video industry worldwide.
* His firm, Peter Hamilton Consultants, Inc. is based in New York
* Clients have included CBS, Canal+, Nat Geo Channels, A+E Networks, Weather Channel, Vulcan Foundation, South Africa's ATFT and Singapore's Media Development Authority.
* He has helped plan and launch dozens of channels worldwide, notably Discovery's international networks, an enterprise now valued at more than $12 Bn.
* Peter is founder, editor and publisher of DocumentaryTelevision.com, since 2011 providing weekly insider analysis and context for 16,000+ executives and producers worldwide.
* For the Smithsonian Channel and BBC, he recently EP'd A SHOT TO SAVE THE WORLD featuring Bill Gates, who supported this important film about the race to develop the polio vaccine.
* For Ray Dalio, CEO/Founder of the Bridgewater Associates hedge fund, Peter arranged for Mr. Dalio's Alucia research vessel to serve as the production platform for the BBC 2015-16 series Reefs with Sir David Attenborough. Mr. Dalio underwrote the production.
* Peter served as an executive for CBS International, and was educated at the Wharton School, U. of Pennsylvania (MBA) and U. of Melbourne.
RSVP: Lisa@wesgro.co.za by May 2nd with your name and ID - note Wesgro is in a national Key point - photo ID required for access.
Please note parking is not available in the building.