SAGE is proud to announce our partnership with Encounters and The Refinery in presenting the first Edit Lab at this year’s Encounters South African International Documentary Festival in Cape Town.
A second opinion is a useful thing and SAGE, in partnership with Encounters and The Refinery Cape Town, are inviting documentary filmmakers who are “almost there” with their feature-length films to take advantage of the inaugural three-day Rough Cut Lab.
There are three places on offer and all filmmakers whose films are currently in post-production, and who would welcome the opportunity to have the keen and dedicated peer attention of SAGE award-winning editors and the Refinery's post-expertise to help polish their work, are encouraged to apply.
The Encounters Rough Cut Lab takes place in Cape Town from 5 to 7 June, during the 19th Encounters Documentary Festival, 1 to 11 June 2017.
Three Director & Editor teams and their films will be selected from all applications received by the deadline of Friday, 5 May 2017.
The films must be:
· A South African production;
· No less than 5 weeks into edit;
· An advanced rough cut;
· No less than 70 minutes - feature length - upon completion;
· All footage must be accessible on USB 3 or firewire hard drives;
· Invited filmmakers must be available for the full period of the Rough Cut Lab.
· Online screener link of rough cut, Vimeo preferred;
· Software package details;
· Synopsis 1 page;
· Director's vision/treatment 1 page;
· Editor's vision/treatment 1 page;
· Bios of Director and Editor 1 page;
· Post production schedule and timeline to completion;
· Bullet-point list of "problems";
· Short point description of work achieved thus far.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line: Rough Cut Lab, before 5 May.
· Check that everything required for your submission is delivered.
· Incomplete submissions will be disqualified.
· Encounters Rough Cut Lab will be acknowledged in the film credits.