DFA members have the opportunity to attend SHEFFIELD 2018 as part of the DFA’s application to the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI) Group Export Sector Specific Assistance Scheme (SSAS).
Sheffield Doc/Fest is a film festival comprising; inspirational documentary films from across the globe; dynamic discussion panels and in-depth filmmaker masterclasses; a marketplace offering a unique way to pitch new and groundbreaking documentary projects; and world-famous parties. Our brand is unique, combining unparalleled expertise with a rebellious streak, dedicated to new talent and voices.
The Festival continues to be innovative, exciting and different - leading the way in digital and interactive programming. Sheffield Doc/Fest is open to all to submit your films, your session ideas and to apply to the Meetmarket. It is suggested that you submit immediately.
You can also participate in the much-admired youth jury and Doc/Fest also regularly recruit volunteers and staff - both temporary and permanent. Sheffield Doc/Fest 2018 will run from 7 to 12 June 2018. The full programme of films, sessions, market opportunities and events can be seen here: https://www.sheffdocfest.com/.
The delegation will leave South Africa on the 6th of June 2018 and depart Sheffield (UK) on the 13th of June 2018. Applicants must be available for the full period and must ensure that their application does not clash with other markets they have committed to or applied to. Please bear in mind, Encounters Film Festival runs 31 May to 10 June 2018.
Closing date: 30 December 2017 for electronic applications
• NO LATE APPLICATIONS will be accepted
• All applicants must be DFA members (http://docfilmsa.com/join/)
• Membership fees are R350 per annum and proof of payment must be sent with your application. Please note that this also applies to candidates applying via the NFVF
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com
Forms to submit:
• A non refundable application fee of R100 – proof of payment to be included in the application
• Completed & signed DFA Application Form (click here to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkr8j1gor72om71/DFA_SSAS_Application%20Form.do...)
• Duly completed & signed DTI SSAS Application Form (click here to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohklwboqyn8flel/Individual%20Application%20For...)
* If you apply in the name of your company, the company must be a registered entity for at least 12 months)
* If you have made used of the SSAS scheme four times or more, you may not apply again
* Please ensure that you fill out all the information on the form, with special reference to the areas marked in yellow
* The form must be signed
• Required documentation as listed in the DTI SSAS Application Form (marked in yellow)
• Completed & signed Memorandum of Understanding (click here to download:"https://www.dropbox.com/s/vee2eijly7bl9k9/memorandum%20of%20agreement.do...)
After the DFA board has approved the application, delegates need to pay a non refundable administration fee of R900 The DFA cannot guarantee approval from the DTI. Once your application has been approved you must courier or deliver original documents within the prescribed period (normally 7 days) to Johannesburg. An address will be supplied.
ABOUT THE DFA
The Documentary Filmmakers’ Association (DFA) was established to nurture and develop the interests of documentary filmmakers in South Africa. The most accessible genre of filmmaking, it is often marginalised by the broadcast industry and by other sectors / genres within the film and video production industry. The DFA aims to unify documentary filmmakers and gain recognition for the genre. It remains the only association in South Africa with the sole purpose of assisting, protecting and promoting documentary filmmakers. The DFA is a key member of SASFED (The South African Screen Federation). The DFA is a registered Non Profit Organisation (NPO) that is solely dependent on fundraising. Its mandate is governed by a constitution and a board. All activities are executed by the board members and those they appoint to tasks.