As an experienced operations and maintenance officer, you will ensure that the campus has relevant support, enabling it to function to its optimal level and service both students and staff. You should also be experienced in OHS and will head the OHS committee and ensure OHS compliance on the campus. You should be an excellent organiser and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude. You are required to have a multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in this dynamic and ever-evolving educational environment, and should be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
The following duties are expected to be fulfilled:
1. Equipment maintenance and servicing, ensuring that it is available to student and staff
2. Building and facilities maintenance and servicing, ensuring that they are available and usable to students and staff.
3. Supervision and coordination of cleaning services
4. Supervision and coordination of security services
5. Stores – maintenance and supervision of stores personnel
6. Maintain and insure stock lists and assets inventory
7. Maintain service contracts for equipment and facilities.
8. Project managing renovations, upgrading and events
9. Head the OHS committee and ensuring compliance.
10. Time/diary/project management.
11. Assist in budget procedure: Monthly requisitions and reconciliation, quarterly and annual budget projections on excel, ensuring all expenses for the department are being captured and monitored.
12. CAPEX planning for equipment and facilities
13. Attending and reporting on operations and maintenance at management meetings.
14. Preparing statistics for Quarterly Board Report.
15. Organising correspondence and following up on pending matters with limited direction and reconciling.
16. Responding to urgent operations and maintenance requests.
1. At least 5 years’ experience in an operations and maintenance department
2. Relevant diploma in project management and/or the building industry.
3. Current OHS Representative, first aid and fire marshal certificates
4. Problem solving skills within an operational and maintenance perspective
5. Exceptional computer literacy
6. Highly developed organisational skills
8. Maturity to handle a range of situations
9. A meticulous and thorough nature
10. An ability to work to tight deadlines
11. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
12. Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
13. Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
14. Respectful and open to learning and guidance.
15. Culturally aware and sensitive.
16. Flexible and prepared to work shifts
Please send the following
• Covering letter
• CV (no certificates at this stage)
• Email and telephone contact details
• 3 contactable references
Deadline for applications: 10 November, 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.