In this position you will be in charge of all production aspects of the physical production of a new feature film, while assisting the Producers in all the pre, production and post production phases of the filmmaking process.
You will be responsible in leading the production team and managing and facilitating the smooth running and delivery of the project.
Working with the local production team, to establish and manage the schedules and milestones involved in the various processes of making this feature film.
· Provide support and structure to the creative teams to ensure that they have the capacity, ability and time-frame to achieve the Director's vision.
· Ensure the Directors instructions are clearly carried out by providing specific guidelines and framework for the given production
· Balance the creative expectations of the director, artists and creative personnel with the resources available
· Facilitate crew communication and ensure open lines of communication with local and remote departments
· Deliver content on schedule and within technical limitations
· Provide leadership and mentoring to the Production team
This is a fixed term contract position and is only open to South African citizens.
At least three to five years of experience in the film industry is highly preferable.
· Full understanding of production for a feature film
· Demonstrate strong project management qualities: integrity; loyalty, forward-thinking; collaboration; hard work; compassion; good communication skills and functional expertise.
· Excellent critical path thinking showing the ability to multi-task, prioritize and use own initiative and pre-empt requirements and/or problems.
· Possess an in-depth knowledge of scheduling.
· Highly computer literate, with excellent fluency in MS Office, particularly Excel, Final Draft, Movie Magic Scheduling. Proficiency in a project management software is preferable.