Looking to employ a Senior Editor and Videographer to lead a project under the guidance of the Project manager as well as to assist the Production Supervisor and Creative Director when needed. This role has a large focus on leading filming and editing projects, managing junior team members, running training workshops for interns, quality control and managing projects to completion.
• Effectively translate project script and visualise for the shoot that is in line with the voiceover
• Creatively and efficiently edit videos using AVID and/or Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with consistent high quality according to the deadlines and style guides given.
• Creatively shoot with various types of cameras, with the ability to lead the production.
• Create a Visual Report for the day’s shoot, ensuring that this is sent to the Production Supervisor and Creative Director at the end of each day (whilst filming).
• Create a Style Guide for the post-production look and feel.
• Must be able to perform accurate data management through media asset management, data storage, back-ups and archiving.
• Matric and relevant tertiary qualification such as a Degree in Film and Video or similar (Honours or Masters is an advantage).
• Three to five years’ video editing and filming work experience.(Television or film experience is an advantage)
• An individual portfolio or showreel of projects filmed and must accompany the CV.
Skills, knowledge, and attributes:
• Understanding and knowledge of various types of cameras, including DSLR.
• Knowledge and experience of filming and editing workflows e.g. media management, archiving, back-ups as well as importing and exporting.
• Detailed knowledge of editing with AVID and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience in Adobe After Effects and/or other compositing Softwares.
• Working knowledge of both PC and the Macintosh operating system is preferred.
• Understanding of bitrate, aspect ratio and resolution in exporting videos from Premiere Pro CC & Media Encoder as well as various other encoding software.
• Excellent time management and quality management skills are essential.
• Ability to edit On-set or on location .
• Exceptional command of the English language (written and verbal).
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team.
• Eager to learn and share knowledge, including the development and mentoring of junior team members.
• Has the ability to lead juniors on a team and make team decisions when necessary.
• Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to engage with clients professionally.
• Ability to cope well under pressure, and still meet and beat given deadlines.
• Displays a positive and enthusiastic approach to all their work