Opportunity to work in a small, dynamic, award-winning documentary production company. You will work right next to the senior editor and producers assisting in all aspects of creating a productive and fluid environment for the editor(s).
* Technical skills to include knowledge of non-linear video editing equipment, knowledge of digital audio and video file formats.
* Work with the Senior Editor and Producers to assist in the management of footage, creating and maintaining an organized system in which to structure all the footage.
* Work to include logging raw footage, making selects, adding sub titles and backing up master materials and the Project.
* Organizing archive sources as we receive them and keeping logs of sources.
* Prepping footage for editor: footage to be converted, sunk, exported for transcription and assembled & imported into Editor's project.
* Prepping for online along with team.
* Editing of short form social media AVs .
* Keep abreast of latest technology.
* Assist with any technical requirements related to the management of our edit suites.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Minimum 3 years of editing experience.
Driver's license and use of own vehicle
Knowledge of Mac & PC, Adobe Premiere Pro & Media Encoder, Microsoft Office Suite.
Teamwork, attention to detail, and the ability to translate ideas into imaginative and compelling programs.
Above all, please be trust worthy and known for your personal integrity and honesty.
* Communication (oral and written)
* Long hours on occasion
* Interpersonal skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Listening skills
* Time management
* Planning and organizing
* Attention to detail
* Problem solving
* Proactive / Initiative
* Decision Maker
* Ability to work alone for long hours