As the Discipline Lecturer for Scriptwriting, looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of writing for the screen.
• Lecturing 1st and 3rd year degree film students
• Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
• Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
• Assessment registration for the term’s assessments
• Working with counter-parts to ensure parity across all campuses on term outcomes
• Attendance registers and class management administration
• Timetable planning
• Curriculum development
Requirements and Personal Attributes
1. At least 5 years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry.
2. Relevant Masters degree
3. Computer literacy
4. Highly Developed skills and expertise in Final Draft and Film Writing Conventions
5. Highly developed organisational skills
7. Maturity to handle a range of situations
8. A meticulous and thorough nature
9. An ability to work to tight deadlines
10. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
11. Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
12. Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
13. Culturally aware and sensitive.
Please send the following:
• a CV (no certificates)
• email and telephone contact details
• 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.