As the Production Coordinator for Live Performance, film school is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to oversee and manage theatre production work in formal and informal spaces, and to do related lecturing. The production work includes public performance, scene study and project work.
The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate and guide students.
Essential skills include:
• Lighting, sound, stage management and theatre technical & production skills.
• Lighting design, rigging, focusing, plotting and maintenance.
• Stage Management experience or knowledge of the duties.
• Project management skills
• The ability to teach the above skills to students.
• Coordinating theatre and skills workshops
• Communication skills appropriate to interfacing with the general public, staff, students and service providers.
• Teaching in other areas of theatre practice will be an advantage.
· Theatre Lighting
3. Operate Martin Board
Project/ Production Management
1. Run a Festival / Festival venue
2. Set up a festival venue
4. Run set ups and strikes
5. Maintenance of equipment and theatre stock
6. Manage project / production materials: cast lists, scripts, posters, programmes
1. All aspects of Stage Management
2. Technical set ups for classes (film cameras etc.)
2. Asset Register maintenance
3. Liaise with service providers and service departments
3. Publisher (useful addition)
4. Photoshop (useful addition)
1. Technical & management competency for running and producing theatre productions.
2. At least 5 years’ experience in the theatre and entertainment industry
3. Relevant Honours degree in drama and/or theatre management and production
4. Highly developed organisational skills
6. Maturity to handle a range of situations
7. A meticulous and thorough nature
8. An ability to work to tight deadlines
9. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
10. Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
11. Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
12. Culturally aware and sensitive.
Please send the following:
• a CV (no certificates)
• email and telephone contact details
• 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.