This position will require you to have the ability to quickly communicate emotion, action and comedy through clear visuals and strong posing, you will possess a sound knowledge of story structure, character development, staging and pacing as well as having a comprehensive understanding of both cinematic storytelling and how a story department functions.
- To prepare the storyboards for the film production, illustrating the narrative, character performance and camera moves and to maintain continuity between and
would be asked to produce work either as rough or cleaned up drawings, depending on the requirements of this particular production.
- Skilled ability to generate story ideas, to recognize and solve story problems, and to suggest alternate story ideas and pitching solutions to the Story Team.
- Revising and updating work to reflect a changing script or comments from the Head of Story, Director and Producers.
- Being aware of any relevant technical restrictions related to the production and being responsible for delivering the storyboard animatics along with the team on
- Minimum 2 years professional experience as a Storyboard Artist working in TV or on Features (preferably in animation, but not a deal breaker)
- Ability to work collaboratively, communicate clearly, present work and work as part of a team.
- Clear understanding of scheduling deadlines
- Proficiency in Photoshop, and other storyboarding programs
- Good drawing skills with the ability to follow an established design style.
This is an 8 month fixed term contract position starting from 1st July 2018, and is only open to South African citizens.
Portfolio and Animation TV and/or Film experience is key for this role.