A private education institution is seeking to employ a Senior Lecturer for Props Fabrication and Film Art at their campus in Cape Town. Involved in high quality teaching and research activities for the department to which he or she is assigned, particularly in the overarching delivery and development of assigned subject.
Lecturing activities are held to the guidelines as set out by the assessment handbook, quality control council standards and teaching and learning guide of the institution (including updates and amendments). The post holder will also participate in wider activities.
Key Performance Areas:
• Content development
• Teaching and learning
• Setting, moderation and marking of assessments
• Advanced Diploma or Degree
• Minimum 5 years work experience in the Art Department of the film industry specifically focusing on:
• Special effects make-up
• Sculpting, moulding and casting processes
• Prosthetic design, fabrication and application
• Props design and fabrication
• Scenic painting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Combination of the below skills advantageous and attributes
• Lab/workshop experience
• Experience in Art Direction and Production Design
• Experience in Art Department coordination
• Experience in the theatre industry (including costume design & set design)
• Competency in photographic set-ups and styling (including food styling
• Photoshop knowledge
• Model making experience
• Event planning
• Drawing skills
• Make-up & Hair styling experience (including bodypainting)
• Problem solving
• Outstanding communication and organizational skill
• Possess specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching and/or research programmes and the provision of learning support.
• Team player who is flexible/adaptable
• Strong leadership qualities, passionate about education and student development
• Time management skills - ability to follow and meet institutional and departmental deadlines.
• Organizational and administrative skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to assist remotely
• Technical skills required by the module assigned
• Active participant in own professional development including awareness of requirements set out by quality councils, institutional standards and policies.
• Involvement in professional, national and international bodies/boards that are related to his/her discipline expertise
South African Nationals will be given preference