As a concept artist you will work with the Production Designer to create a world of characters and underwater creatures in a unique world that fits the overall look and art style for our upcoming film. You would be responsible for providing production artwork including character/creature designs, environments, vehicles/affects utilizing both 2D and 3D approaches.
- Developing characters/environments based on project art and technical specifications
- Perform designing of characters and/or environments
- Evaluating character and/or environment content and perform final polishing if required.
- Maintaining high quality and productivity throughout the project while meeting deadlines.
- Recommend new software, techniques and technologies to enhance character and/or environment art production.
- At least one year of experience doing concept art in animated TV series or film in the Art Department;
- Excellent 2D skills and knowledge of traditional art techniques
- An excellent understanding of anatomy, character/creature design, colour theory, perspective, lighting and composition
- Be able to design a variety of original concepts and to quickly render these concepts from verbal and written direction
- Excellent artistic skills for illustration;
- Thorough knowledge of Photoshop
- Some experience working with 3D applications like Zbrush
- Ability to work efficiently and adapt to various personalities and methods of work;
- Must be able to establish priorities and work efficiently on various tasks within a high-pressure environment while respecting production deadlines;
- Ability to take direction and work as part of a team
- Work well in, and communicate ideas, within a team environment
- Be a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic
These are 8-9 month fixed term contract positions starting from 1st July 2018, and are only open to South African citizens.
Portfolio and experience is key for this role.