Looking for an Autocue Operator to join our awesome team. The right person for the job will have a good understanding of English grammar and syntax. Must have very strong organizational skills, ability to pay attention to detail, ability to work well in a high pressure and stressful environment and be deadline driven.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare scripts on the autocue programme for presenters for every live show. This involved formatting final scripts for autocue system the night before and early in the morning, well before start of the live show. consists of preparing ad break by ad break, the night before
• Ensuring correct and accurate scripts are prepared for presenters
• Ensure scripts are available on autocue for presenters to check before live segments start
• Following presenter read speed and adapting on the fly
• Keeping abreast of changes during the live show, and adapting with speed and accuracy to ensure that correct scripts are presented as needed
• Translating for English subtitles from time to time, when necessary.
• TV / Media / Theatre / Journalism qualification preferred
• Excellent command of the English language
• Multilingual ability preferred (Afrikaans and/or Zulu/Xhosa/Setswana)
• Proficient in Microsoft word and text editing applications
• Own transport for 5:00am call time
• Morning person
• Team player
• Ability to focus well
• Act calmly under pressure
• Resilient and able to take and implement feedback
• Extremely punctual
• Prepared to work unusual hours
• Good work ethic
• Ability to prioritise
Closing Date :15 September 2017
Apply with a CV and cover letter motivating why you are a good fit for the team. Submit your application via email with subject line: AUTOCUE. Should the subject line be incorrect your CV will not be considered.